[Press Release] Presentation Management Leader Shufflrr Conducts Survey on Presentations Usage

Posted by Alex Ontra on Nov 15, 2016 10:22:10 AM

 Survey Reveals Users Spend Too Much Time Recreating Content and Looking for Previously Created Slides When it Comes to Presentation Creation

NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Shufflrr, the leader in presentation management, today announced the results of a survey it conducted of 1,000 professionals throughout the country and across multiple industries to understand presentation habits. The findings, which focus on the creation, storage and performance of presentations, highlight how much professionals rely on PowerPoint and how there are many inefficiencies in the process, as well as how there is room for improvement. 

“Presentations are valuable enterprise communication tools, yet, they are generally created once, and then lost, ” said James Ontra, CEO of Shufflrr. “From creation, use, re-use, sharing and the tracking of slides, the overall process of creating a presentation is inefficient and wastes a vast amount of time and resources, which is why Presentation Management is a smart strategy that businesses should implement to increase productivity at every stage of the process.”

Here are the top findings:

  • PowerPoint Remains the Dominant Tool for Professionals – 78% of people who give presentations use PowerPoint while the other 22% don’t use it at all.
  • PowerPoint is a Salesperson’s Best Friend – 45% of people use PowerPoint for new business or sales, 42% of people use it for client reporting or planning, and the remaining 13% either use it for project management, internal education sessions or speaking engagements.
  • Most people who use PowerPoint are Creating More Than One Presentation a Month – On average, 62% of people who use PowerPoint create more than 1 presentation a month while the other 38%create1 presentation a month
  • Creating Presentations Takes Too Much Time – It takes most people 24% who use PowerPoint 5-6 hours to create a presentation and it takes 18% of people who use PowerPoint at least 1 day to create a presentation. There are a select few PowerPoint users who can create a presentation in less than an hour.
  • Professionals are Reinventing the Wheel When Creating Presentations, and Those that don’t Spend Too Much Time Finding Slides – More than 30% of people who use PowerPoint don’t or only sometimes reuse content, and of those who use existing content, 33% spend between 15 and 30 minutes or more than 30 minutes searching for existing content.
  • Presentations are a Collaborative Effort – 70% of people create decks with others while only 18% of people who create presentations do so by themselves, and the other 12% either have an assistant or a dedicated presentation department who create presentations.
  • Presentations are Too Long – 36% of presentations are between 11-20 slides, and, 45% of presentations are longer than 20 slides, while about 3% of presentation are between 61-70 slides.
  • Presentation Delivery is Still Old School – 81% of people who give presentations do so in-person with a projector or in-person with print-outs, while 19% give presentation on a tablet or remotely through a screenshare.
  • Professionals NEED Presentation Management – More than 81% of people who create presentations do not have a formal system to manage them while the other 19% of people hire someone to create their presentations or have presentation management software.

About Shufflrr

New York City-based Shufflrr is the pioneer of Presentation Management. Founded in 2014 by James and AlexAnndra Ontra, a brother-sister team with more than 30 years of experience in developing presentation management software, Shufflrr is enterprise SaaS software that helps corporations and individual users manage, distribute and update their presentation content, saving them time and money. For more information, visit

# # #


Our latest research reaffirms what we hear from our clients and prospects each and every day; that better Presentation Management means better organization management and has both a top-line and bottom-line impact. NEXT STEP, let Shufflrr be your partner in this journey:


Schedule a Demo


Start a Free Trial



Subscribe to Email Updates

Posts by Topic

demo for presentation management